Tuesday, May 8, 2012

HALLO! I am no longer drunk. Perhaps that will make this entry less funny.

I'm sorry.

I will try to be very, very serious to make up for it.


These is the ruins of Hailes Abbey.

See how fucking serious I am?

So serious, there's fucking RUINS.

These ruins were of a pretty big abbey full of monks and other buggery. Their biggest claim to fame was that they apparently had a vial of the blood from Christ's wounds. It was kept in a crystal and silver vial, and people came from all over to pray before it and give the abbey money.

They seemed to have a pretty good thing going, all told. I mean, besides the fact they thought pretty much everything was a sin, including keeping warm (though they did have a Warming Room with a fire in it where they could sit).


Here is David listening very intently to the audioguide.

This wall was the back wall of the dining hall.

The diet of the monks included a pound of bread, grains, vegetables, and beer. They got fish on feast days, and if somebody very important came to visit, maybe red meat. But mostly bread and vegetables.

They were probably pretty healthy dudes, all things considered.

The cupboards behind David were used to keep the bowls, spoons, napkins and the like. There were some other cupboards on the other side of the doorway, to the right.

There was still enough bits of the abbey that you could see the layout of all the rooms, and some of the features. Like, they had a river running under the whole site that they used as a drain! It was lined with stones, and there was grated off drains pretty much in every other room.

NEAT.

It was raining in the ruins and COOOOOOLD. Finally Miriam had enough and booked it into the wee museum for a cup of tea, and we poked aboot.

Then back to Cheltenham for High Tea! I did not get any pictures of high tea, though you probably wouldn't have enjoyed them, considering how fast it all got inhaled into my gaping maw.

DE-LICIOUS. I will have high tea again. Definitely. IN MA MOUF.

Then back to London! I had tickets that night for Singing in the Rain.

I liked the show. If you're gonna go, don't go into the major nosebleeds on the fourth floor. I mean, it was okay for the price (only fifteen pounds), but it was really hard to see anything and REALLY steep. You are literally very very close to the ceiling. Pitch a little extra and go on the next floor down.

Some of the american accents made my ears bleed. Unfortunately, the lead female was one of them. SO. BAD. It sounded like Fergus making fun of Canadian accents. And I'm not talking about the girl who is SUPPOSED to have a bad voice. I'm talking about the sweet love interest...

After that...

WELL HO-LEE CRAP. WHO IS THAT BLURRY AND FREEZING AND DRINKING ON THE STREET?!


Why, it's Scott!

HELLO SCOTT!

I found Scott working at the same bar as I did last time and we went out for a drink that lasted so long that they kicked us out of the bar (though gave us plastic cups for our drinks). We are currently drinking next to a church, like the classy broads we are.

Scott notified me that my favorite store from last time, the Trashy Lingerie store, had closed.

I was very sad.

It was replaced by some store that I think was called Kiss Kiss Meow, and sold exactly the same thing.

I preferred Trashy Lingerie.

*sigh*

Anyway. That's enough of that. I have STUFF to do today. STUFF.

Rock on, homeslices. I'll see you tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment